JOIN OUR TEAM
SDK Atelier is an award winning architectural studio. Our studio is built on the collaborative process of its youthful designers and seasoned staff to create distinct and valuable architecture. Our mission is to integrate new interpretations of traditional styles and provide remarkable designs that extend across a wide spectrum of markets. We believe in the extraordinary capability design has to influence the quality of life and strive to inspire people to discover why it matters.
We are currently looking for the following positions for the right fit:
We are currently seeking a Job Captain in our Irvine, CA office.
- Responsible for assisting with all project deliverable in conjunction with the contract and stay within budget
- Assist with managing projects from construction documents through construction administration stages, applications for statutory approvals.
- Must be able to implement the basis of design and specs provided by the client by coordinating with the project team and spec writer
- Able to review consultant drawings for Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Proficient and have a solid understanding of building construction and the different components
- Able to collaborate and resolve multi-disciplinary consultant issues without compromising the design
- Able to implement and review drawings in conjunction with the specific standards inherent to the studio
- Ensures drawings meet the design intent
- Ensures the drawings are fully coordinated
- Must assess available resources, develop and follow a schedule and budget, and stay in close contact with all members of the project team to provide clear direction
- Work with Project Managers to resolve design issues with creative and practical solutions
Skills / Requirements:
- 5 years minimum experience in residential production housing
- Proficient and/or knowledgeable in AutoCAD process & implementation
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and other software programs
- Experience in construction administration
- Experience working with different jurisdictional agencies
- Experience in implementing zoning, planning, and building codes and standards
- Strong leadership, organization, and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with the project team within the studio
- Able to manage multiple priorities and multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without visa sponsorship
Career positions are intended to be full time, and all applicants should have a commitment and the ability to work for at least one year. No phone calls or walk ins will be accepted.